All of the global variables in GLOBE are interactive online maps that can be viewed without logging in.
To view another variable, click the “select a different variable” button at upper left. Some of my favorites:
- Market Influence Index: areas most influenced by global markets (more info).
- % Crop Area (2000; HYDE): percent cover by crops across the world (more info).
- Growing days: number of growing days per year (more info).
- Mammal species richness: numbers of mammal species around the world (more info)
- % Tree Cover (2001; VCF): % land cover by trees (more info)
If you look closely enough, you will see the GLOBE Land Units that make instant global analysis possible in GLOBE.
Interested? Join GLOBE!